Curriculum- Imperial Lights College (ILC)
- ILC is a Co-educational Secondary School for both Local and Foreign Students.
- ILC curriculum is a unique blend of the Nigerian, West African and British International Curricular.
- At Grade 7-9 (JSS1-3), learners are prepared for Lagos State JSCE, Nigerian NECO (BECE) and British Cambridge Checkpoint Examinations.
- At Grade 10 - 12 (SS1-3), learners are prepared for WAEC (SSCE), NECO (SSCE) and Cambridge IGCSE Examinations respectively (including local & int’l university placement).
Curriculum Integration for Students Academic Achievement
- Curriculum development is a planned, purposeful, progressive, and systematic process to create positive improvements in the learners experience and the educational system.
Academic Achievement Measurement Indicators for ILC
- Among the many criteria that will indicate academic achievement at ILC, there are the very general indicators such as procedural and declarative knowledge, and more curricular-based criteria such as grades or performance on an educational achievement test, and cumulative indicators of academic achievement such as secondary school certificates.
Curriculum and Expected Academic Performance of Students
- The ultimate goal of Imperial Lights college is to produce exceptional students through the implementation of a robust curriculum in the teaching and learning process that enhance attainment of expected learning outcome in a multifaceted construct that comprises of cognitive, psychomotor and affective domains of learning.
Other Academic Indicators
- Academic achievement as measured by the GPA (grade point average) or by standardized assessments designed for selection purpose such as the SAT (Scholastic Assessment Test) and Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL), determines whether a student will have the opportunity to continue his or her higher education (e.g., to attend a university).